Winter Squash And Sage Sausage Chili
- 1 pound bulk sage sausage or your favorite sausage
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12-ounce package frozen winter squash puree, thawed
- 1 cup chunky-style chipotle salsa or other salsa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3.5-ounce package herb-flavored goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh sage (optional)
- In large saucepan cook sausage over medium heat until brown and no pink remains, stirring to break up.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in beans, squash, salsa, and the water.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and sage, if using.