Wild Rice And Turkey Soup
- 1 6.2-ounce package quick-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped smoked turkey or chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- Prepare the rice mix according to package directions, except omit any butter or margarine.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and celery and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and pepper and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice mix and remaining ingredients.
- Heat through.