- 1 pound cod, salmon, or other firm-textured fish, cut into 4 pieces
- Ground black pepper
- 1 32-ounce carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- 1 4-ounce package (or 1/2 a 7.2-ounce package) butter-and-herb-flavored instant mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Season fish lightly with pepper.
- In a pot bring broth and water to boiling.
- Add carrot and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and peas.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Break fish into bite-size pieces.
- Top each serving with cheese.