Vegetarian Pumpkin White Chili
- 30 ounces canned Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces canned diced mild green chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Toppings (optional) - lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips
- Add beans to slow cooker.
- Saute the onion and green pepper in oiled skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, green chiles, cumin, cloves, cayenne, and salt.
- Stir for one minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin and vegetable broth.
- Stir into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours, or on high 5 - 6 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve with toppings.