Vegetable Pasta Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 32-ounce carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dried ditalini pasta
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add carrot, onion, and celery and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and the water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add pasta and cook, uncovered, for 7 to 8 minutes.
- To serve, top each serving with cheese and parsley.