- 1 16-ounce package frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Combine frozen vegetables and the water.
- Simmer, covered, 4 minutes or just until vegetables are tender.
- Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar combine 2/3 cup of the milk and flour.
- Cover and shake well.
- Stir milk mixture into vegetable mixture in saucepan.
- Add remaining 1 1/3 cups milk and broth and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and cook and stir over low heat until cheese is nearly melted.