Two-Bean Chili With Avocado
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa (preferably guajillo chile salsa)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- In a saucepan cook onion and oregano in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, beans, and salsa.
- Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- Top each serving with avocado and snipped cilantro.