Tuscan Ravioli Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced leek (1 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth or beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 cups coarsely chopped broccoli rabe or broccoli florets
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- 1 tablespoon snipped rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add leek and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, the water, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add broccoli rabe, undrained tomatoes, ravioli, and rosemary.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.