Turkey Sausage And Bean Soup
- 1 pound dried beans (cranberry, kidney, Great Northern, and/or pinto beans)
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups water
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium red-skinned potatoes, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1-pound link smoked turkey sausage, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- Rinse beans and drain.
- In a pot combine beans and 8 cups water.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cover and let cool for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a slow cooker combine beans, 4 cups water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Mash beans slightly with a potato masher.
- If using low setting, turn slow cooker to high setting.
- Add sausage and green beans.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.