Turkey And Sweet Potato Chowder
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small ears frozen corn, thawed, or 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 12 ounces cooked turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely snipped parsley
- In a saucepan combine chopped potato and broth.
- Simmer, uncovered, 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Do not drain.
- Using a potato masher, mash potato until mixture is thickened and nearly smooth.
- If using corn on the cob, cut the kernels from one of the ears of corn.
- Cut the second ear of corn crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Stir remaining ingredients except parsley into potato mixture in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with parsley.