Sweet Potato And Rosemary Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (3 1/2 cups)
- 10 ounces russet potato, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, thyme, and rosemary and cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes and cool slightly.
- Transfer half of the vegetable mixture (3 1/2 cups) to a large heatproof bowl.
- Transfer vegetable mixture in the bowl in batches to a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan and heat through.