Southern Pulled Pork Spaghetti
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup sugar-free barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup reserved pork shoulder cooking liquid (from above)
- Place the pork, broth and salt in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When the meat is done, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and set aside for the sauce.
- Drain the meat almost completely, leaving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid in the cooker.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground pork and cook until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring to break up the meat as it cooks.
- Add the barbecue sauce and the reserved cooking liquid.
- Stir to combine, then cover and cook for another 3 minutes, just to heat through.
- Shred the meat.
- Divide the shredded pork among 6 plates, top with the barbecue pork sauce, and serve.