- 1 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 8 ounces bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup instant white rice
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- In a saucepan cook sausage, sweet pepper, onion, and celery until sausage is brown, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks.
- Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice to sausage mixture.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.