- 1/3 cup coconut oil or ghee, or 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (2-in) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 (13 1/2-oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, for serving
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, fennel, curry paste, ginger, and salt.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sauteed onion mixture to a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and add the shrimp and riced cauliflower.
- Cover and bring to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- Once lightly boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Divide the curry among 4 bowls.
- Top with the cilantro and serve.