- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper (2 small)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a slow cooker combine everything except shrimp and rice.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir shrimp into tomato mixture.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice.