Secret Stuffed Peppers
- 4 ounces chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 4 medium bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (dairy-free or regular), divided
- Place the livers in a bowl and cover with water.
- Add the vinegar.
- Cover and place in the fridge to soak for 24 to 48 hours.
- After at least 24 hours, rinse and drain the soaked livers, then chop them into small pieces.
- Place the livers in a frying pan along with the ground beef, oil, onion, garlic, black pepper, oregano, and salt.
- Saute over medium heat until no longer pink for 15 minutes, stirring often to crumble the meat as it cooks.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers, then core them, being sure to remove all the seeds and white membranes.
- Place the peppers right side up in an 8-inch square baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- After the meat mixture has cooked for 15 minutes, toss in the riced cauliflower and 3/4 cup of the cheese and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers, dividing it evenly.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese, 1 tablespoon per pepper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.