Salmon & Kale
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cut into 4 equal portions
- 3/4 cup vinaigrette of choice
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cups destemmed kale leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- Set the salmon in a shallow dish and pour the vinaigrette over the top.
- Cover and set in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- When ready to cook, transfer the salmon and all the marinade to a frying pan.
- Distribute the onion slices around the fish, then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking the salmon for 6 minutes per side.
- Once the salmon has cooked for a total of 12 minutes, push the fish to the sides of the pan, making room for the kale.
- Add the kale, red pepper flakes, and salt and toss to coat the kale in the pan drippings.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Divide the salmon fillets and braised kale among 4 plates and serve.