Roasted Tomato And Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped butternut squash
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes or one 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15- to 19-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup small broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, squash, and undrained tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.