Roasted Aloo Gobhi (Potatoes And Cauliflower)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into 2-inch-long sticks
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- Pinch of asafetida (optional)
- Pinch of red chile powder
- 1 tablespoon julienned ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread the potatoes and cauliflower over the baking sheet and toss them with 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Spread them in an even layer and roast for 30 minutes, tossing them once halfway.
- Set the vegetables aside to cool.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook, for 1 minute max.
- Reduce the heat to medium and swirl in the turmeric.
- Add the onion and saute, stirring, for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the asafetida (if using), red chile powder, and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the roasted potatoes and cauliflower, including any charred bits from the foil, and mix everything together.
- Add the salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice and salt, if needed.
- Garnish with the cilantro before serving.