Red Bean, Chicken, And Sweet Potato Stew
- 2 15-ounce cans no-salt-added red beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (1 pound)
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10-ounce can tomatoes with chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Snipped cilantro
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except peanut butter, cilantro and peanuts.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove 1 cup hot liquid from cooker.
- Whisk in peanut butter.
- Stir mixture into cooker.
- Top each serving with cilantro and peanuts.