Quick Hamburger Soup
- 4 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 4 ounces ground turkey breast
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped potato
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- In a Dutch oven cook beef, turkey, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except potato and sage leaves.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in potato and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sage leaves.