- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 14.5-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups mango nectar or apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk or 2/3 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Dash bottled hot pepper sauce or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- Sour cream or plain yogurt (optional)
- Dried Thai chile peppers (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, broth, nectar, ginger, and garlic.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients except sour cream and chile peppers.
- Top each serving with sour cream and garnish with Thai chile peppers.