Primavera Chicken And Vegetable Soup
- 2 whole chicken legs (drumstick and thigh) (1 1/4 pounds total), skinned
- 1 32-ounce carton chicken broth
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Coarsely snipped parsley (optional)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Add broth, carrot, celery, wine, garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a platter.
- Shred meat from bones and return to cooker.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- Stir in asparagus, frozen peas, and green onion.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with parsley.