Pork Roast And Vegetable Stew
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup packaged peeled baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cut pork in 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven cook pork, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan.
- Add butter to pan.
- Add celery, onion, chives, parsley, basil, dill, and pepper and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and browned pork to onion mixture and simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt.