Pork And Poblano Chili
- 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 green sweet pepper, halved and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-ounce jar mild or medium green salsa (salsa verde)
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Red salsa (optional)
- Tortilla (optional)
- Combine poblano chile peppers, sweet pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and process until finely chopped.
- In a skillet cook ground pork and onion over medium-high heat until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain fat.
- Add pepper mixture and cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer meat mixture to a slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, green salsa, broth, and cumin.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Mash beans slightly with a potato masher.
- Before serving, stir in snipped cilantro.
- Top each serving with cilantro leaves, sour cream, and/or red salsa.
- Serve with tortilla.