Pork And Lentil Cassoulet
- 12 ounces boneless pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 14.5-ounce can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 4 medium carrots and/or parsnips, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim fat from pork.
- Cut meat into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In a large nonstick skillet brown pork, onion, and garlic in hot oil.
- Transfer mixture to a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.