One-Pot Porky Kale
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork chops
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups destemmed kale leaves
- 1/3 cup creamy Italian dressing or other creamy salad dressing of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- While the oil is heating, place the paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir to blend, then add the pork chops, one at a time, and coat with the paprika mixture.
- Cook the coated pork chops for 10 minutes per side.
- Once the chops have cooked for a total of 20 minutes, transfer them to a plate, leaving the cooking oil in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and dressing to the pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cut the pork chops into 1/2-inch slices.
- If the meat is not cooked through, place the slices in the pan and cook, uncovered, for another 5 minutes, just to cook through.
- Divide among 4 plates, sprinkle with the parsley.