New World Chili
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup seeded, peeled, and cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Chicken broth (optional)
- 2 cups shredded spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (4 ounces) (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except broth, spinach and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir in additional broth to reach desired consistency.
- Before serving, stir in spinach.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.