- 16 small white button mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Set the caps aside, and finely chop the stems.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and chile and cook, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa, Parmesan, cilantro, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and fill them with the quinoa mixture.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle each stuffed mushroom with olive oil before serving.