Liver Sausages & Onions
- 8 ounces chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee, for the pan
- 2 medium-sized white onions, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken livers in a bowl and cover with water.
- Add the vinegar.
- Cover and place in the fridge to soak for 24 to 48 hours.
- Rinse and drain the livers, then place them in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed livers to a bowl and add the remaining except oil and onions.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Roll liver mixture into balls, place on hot pan and press down until 1/2 inch thick without letting sausages touch each other.
- Cook for 8 minutes per side.
- Place the cooked sausages on a serving plate.
- Once the sausages are done, cook the sliced onions for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked onions to the serving plate with the sausages.