Kansas City Steak Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a Dutch oven cook meat, onion, and celery over medium-high heat until meat is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in 1 can of the broth and the remaining ingredients except flour.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together remaining 1 can of broth and flour.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.