Italian Bean And Pasta Soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup dried orzo
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 19-ounce can fava beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- In a Dutch oven cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add sweet pepper and orzo.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, fava beans, and navy beans.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.