Indian Curry Chicken Stew
- 4 white potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1 green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a slow cooker combine potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion.
- Add chicken.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch.
- Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- In a bowl combine the water and cornstarch.
- Stir into mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.