Holy Guacamole Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and mashed (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Assorted toppers (avocado slices, chopped red or yellow tomato, tortilla chips, lime slices, sour cream, and/or cooked shrimp) (optional)
- In a saucepan heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except toppers.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Serve with assorted toppers.