Herby Avocado Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread
- Olive oil
- 1/2 just-ripe medium avocado, cut into long slices
- Kosher salt
- 1 small Roma tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 2 sprigs cilantro
- Leaves from 2 sprigs mint
- Toast the bread.
- Drizzle both slices of bread lightly with olive oil.
- Place the avocado on one of the slices and mash it into bread with a fork.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the avocado, then layer on the slices of tomato.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cilantro and the mint on top and finish with the other slice of bread, oiled-side down.