Green Chile And Cherry Tomato Pickle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida (optional)
- 4 long Indian green chiles or serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add all the seeds seeds and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the asafetida (if using) and then add the chiles.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the tomatoes, and immediately transfer to a serving bowl.
- Mix in the salt and lime juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.