- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners'-style erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 225 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a bowl.
- Make sure that the bowl does not have any oil residue in it.
- Using a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer, mix on low speed until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Once foamy, increase the speed to high.
- Slowly add the erythritol, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing all the while.
- Add a tablespoon every 20 seconds.
- Keep beating until the mixture is shiny and thick and peaks have formed; it should be nearly doubled in volume.
- Fold in the vanilla.
- Using a large spoon, dollop the meringue mixture onto the lined baking sheet, making a total of 12 meringues.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, turn off the oven and keep the meringues in the cooling oven for another hour, then remove.
- To serve, place 2 meringues on each plate.
- Top each serving with 4 sliced strawberries, 2 tablespoons of coconut cream, and 2 mint leaves.