- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 English Breakfast tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk, warmed
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- In a pot over high heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add the ginger and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tea bags and turn off the heat.
- Cover and let steep for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper, followed by the milk and sugar.
- Taste and adjust the milk and/or sugar if needed.
- Discard the tea bags and strain the chai into four cups.