German No-Tato Salad
- 2 medium rutabaga (2 lbs), peeled
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon erythritol
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 10 ounces thinly sliced deli ham or other meat of choice
- Cut the rutabaga into 1/2-inch cubes, place in a saucepan, cover completely with water, and add salt.
- Cover with the lid, bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the rutabaga is cooked, drain completely and transfer to the bowl.
- Toss to combine, then divide among 5 plates.
- In a bowl, mix together the mustard and mayonnaise.
- Serve the ham slices alongside the salad with 2 teaspoons of the mustard sauce.