Gazpacho With Garlic Croutons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 sweet white or red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Chop 1 garlic clove with food processor.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, sweet pepper, and onion to food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer pureed mixture to a bowl.
- Stir in tomato juice, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Mince remaining 1 clove garlic.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium-low heat until golden.
- Add bread cubes and cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Transfer croutons to a bowl and let cool.
- Stir before serving.
- Top each serving with croutons.