- 6 cups coarsely chopped tomato
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper
- Avocado pieces (optional)
- Stir together all ingredients except avocado.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Top each serving with avocado pieces.