French Chicken Stew
- 4 cups sliced button and/or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 medium red potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (1 3/4 to 2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 14-ounce jar tomato pasta sauce or one 16-ounce jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- French bread (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except pasta and bread, with the chicken and seasoned salt on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- Serve with French bread.