- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 30-ounce can chili beans, undrained
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked macaroni
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a Dutch oven cook meat, onion, celery and garlic until meat is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in undrained chili beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, chili powder, and 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Serve chili over hot cooked macaroni.
- Top each serving with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and green onions, and pass hot pepper sauce.