Eggless Pineapple Cake
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed silken tofu
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups canned diced pineapple, juices drained and reserved
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, tofu, and milk.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on high speed, for 1 minute.
- With the mixer running on high, add the yogurt mixture in three additions, beating for about 45 seconds after each.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the pineapple chunks with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly and making sure the pineapple is uniformly distributed.
- Bake for 21 to 23 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, remove it from the pan and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Remove excess crumbs and brush the edges and crumb sides of the cake halves with the reserved pineapple juice.