- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chickpea liquid (from a can of chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups light-tasting oil, such as avocado oil or light olive oil
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in the blender.
- Pulse just enough to combine.
- With the blender running on medium speed, slowly drizzle in the oil over at least 2 minutes.
- After the oil has been added, continue to blend until the mixture has the consistency of mayonnaise.