Dosa Potatoes With Lime And Ketchup
- 2 large russet potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 dried red chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Ketchup, for serving
- Break the potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the black mustard seeds and remove the pan from the heat after a few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves, making sure they get fully coated in oil.
- Add the turmeric, asafetida (if using), and onion, return the pan to medium-high heat, and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potato pieces, salt, red chiles, and chile powder, followed by 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the potatoes with lime wedges and ketchup to go on top.