Creamy Turkey Soup
- 8 ounces red-skinned potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 3 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Toasted sliced almonds or chopped pecans and/or dried cranberries (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine potatoes, mushrooms, onion, and celery.
- Top with turkey.
- Add broth, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or on high for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer turkey to a cutting board.
- Shred turkey and return to cooker.
- In a bowl stir together evaporated milk and cornstarch.
- Stir into mixture in cooker.
- If using low setting, turn cooker to high setting.
- Cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and lemon juice.
- Top each serving with nuts and/or cranberries.