Creamy Succotash Soup
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 teaspoons snipped dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces asparagus
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- In a nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, frozen lima beans, and dried dill weed (if using) and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and frozen corn.
- Return to boiling.
- Cook, covered, for 1 minute.
- In a mason jar, combine 1 cup of the evaporated milk and flour.
- Cover and shake until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, remaining 1 cup evaporated milk, and snipped dill (if using) to soup and cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Garnish each serving with dill sprigs.