Cream Of Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee
- 7 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups spinach, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper.
- Toss to coat and saute for 10 minutes.
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally, stopping the knife 1/2 inch from the opposite side.
- Place the chicken breasts on the lined baking sheet and open them up.
- Place one-quarter of the mushroom mixture in the middle of each opened breast.
- If there is leftover mushroom mixture, simply drop it into the pan, around the chicken.
- Fold over the chicken breasts to cover the filling.
- Dust the stuffed breasts with the garlic powder, onion powder, remaining 1 teaspoon of parsley, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Pour the milk between the chicken breasts, directly into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.