Cream-Of-Chicken And Cheese Soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 small whole chicken breast
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot (1 small)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery (1 small stalk)
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ounces American cheese, cubed (1/2 cup)
- Shredded American cheese (optional)
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add chicken breast.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken, reserving cooking liquid.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery to cooking liquid.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and chop meat off bones.
- Stir soup and milk into vegetable mixture until smooth.
- Add chicken and cubed cheese and cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Garnish each serving with shredded cheese.